[Article from the Business Examiner]
LANGFORD – The City of Langford has been ranked the #1 Best Community in BC, and #18 Best Community in Canada by Maclean’s Magazine. The ranking considered many factors, including affordability, population growth, taxes, crime, amenities, health, community, weather, and internet access. The report also factored in those communities where residents could work and study from home.
“This is a proud moment for the residents of Langford,” said Langford Mayor Stew Young. “Through strong partnerships with the business, recreation and development community, the City of Langford has been able to keep property taxes low, allowing residents an affordable and well-rounded quality of life. We are now focusing on arts and culture projects, one of which we will be announcing in the coming weeks. Council is still focused on bringing a world-class theatre to Langford, and I am confident we will make it happen.”
The report ranked 415 communities based on quantifiable metrics provided to Maclean’s by Environics Analytics and the Canadian Internet Registration Authority. Maclean’s weighted categories that they felt were important to the average person.
This latest award follows a flurry of other awards for the City of Langford, including:
- #1 Most Resilient City in BC, by BC Business Magazine
- #1 City for Work in BC, by BC Business Magazine
- Most Liveable City in Canada, by RATESDOTCA
- Economic Resiliency and Recovery Award, population over 20,000 by the BC Economic Development Association (I AM Langford campaign to support local businesses)
- National Christmas Lighting Award by Dekralite